PF Transfer ClaimsUpdated v2.0
(v1: Oct 09, 2017) Step-by-step instructions (formatted)
>> Download as PDF
Did you recently get placed in a new job
and need to wisely save a part of your hard earned money?
This guide will help you to transfer your Employee Provident Fund
from your old/previous to new/present organization.
Follow the appropriate step-by-step instructions
below to initiate PF amount transfer…
Know your PF details:
• Previous and present companies PF account numbers can be identified from respective salary slips.
(PF account number differs for each company)
• Universal Account Number (UAN) can also identified from pay slips in case not, follow below:
o Click here
and navigate to the section: Important Links >> Know Your UAN status - submitting your PF/Aadhaar/PAN and personal details!
o In case your UAN is not activated yet, Click here
and navigate to the section: Important Links >> Activate UAN to activate it first submitting your UAN/ PF/Aadhaar/PAN and personal details!
(UAN enables linking of multiple EPF Accounts (Member Id) allotted to a single member)
Online PF transfer procedures:
*Current/New: Aadhaar Based Online Claim Submission
• Click here
and login to UAN member e-sewa portal
(Use 'Forgot Password’ in case required to reset)
• Before proceeding, ensure your KYC details (Manage --> KYC) are updated
o Minimum requirement is to have your Bank and Aadhaar details updated
o In case you are unable add/verify Aadhaar details due to name mismatch – go to ‘Manage Modify Basic Details’ and request a change to update your name to match as in Aadhaar card (will go through employer and then PF office approval).
• Once KYC updated, navigate to Online Services Transfer Request
• Complete the details appropriately which are not auto-filled and ensure that the information is correct before proceeding and selecting the attestation through either previous/present employer. [You need to enter your old UAN or generate appropriate MID using your old PF account details]
• Transfer request can be completed on verification by authenticating via OTP send to the registered mobile number.
• Once OTP is confirmed, you ‘Claim Status’ will show as ‘Submitted’ in ‘Online Services Track Claim Status’ page
• Now click the download icon under ‘Printable Form 13’ from same page and just sign that pre-filled form and send it your previous or present employer selected for attestation earlier.
• Once your respective employer review your form and complete all procedures from their end – ‘Claim Status’ now changes to ‘Accepted...’
• And you will also receive a confirmation email and SMS on successful PF transfer to your new PF account!!!
*You can also view Service History, Download UAN card, Track Claim Status, Manage KYC and Contact details including few other services on same portal!
The above way of online PF transfer requests are accepted only when:
o KYC details are seeded against the UAN.
o Only one transfer request against the previous member ID can be accepted.
o If previous / present (Exempted) trust bank account and IFS code are available.
To resolve the error: ‘Aadhaar authentication failed. AADHAAR number, Name, DOB or Gender mismatch with registered data.’
– follow above steps to modify details*Legacy: (Note: Looks like this portal may retire soon and not accessible)
• Click here
to login/signup “Online Transfer Claim Portal”
• And navigate to sub-menu option “Check Eligibility…” to first ensure if you are eligible for online transfer entering the details of present and previous PF accounts
• If you find you are eligible for initiating an online transfer:
o Navigate to Claim >> Request for Transfer of EPF Account
• Complete the details appropriately which are not auto-filled and submit the form to previous/present employer ensuring that the information is correct and read on-screen instructions for further procedures to do.
*You can also check the transfer status on same portal
Physical/Offline PF transfer procedures:
In case you have issues with online PF transfer claim, you can perform physical transfer following below…
• Click here
to download “Form 13”
• Fill details in Part A, B, and C appropriately
(You can fetch all required details from the online portals shared in this document or from your respective employers)
• Submit it to either your present or previous employer for attestation and initiating PF amount transfer from their end.
In case you have duplicate UANs, old UAN will be archived post the completion of PF transfer to the new PF account under new UAN.
Other important EPF facilities to know:
to manage Account/KYC/Transfer details of EPF Member
*Consolidate multiple PF accounts using this service here
*For updated links for all available EPF services – Click here
[www.epfindia.gov.in - Our Services >> For Employees]
Online Claim Check Eligibility & Submission Flow Diagram
FAQs Regarding Online Claim Settlement
Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government of India
Looks like more changes/migration happening to bring all EPF services to a single window!
Refer above “updated links” for current web portal destinations.
This article covers instructions as per claims currently (Feb 2018) available and AFAIK
To check if this is the latest version of this document, refer: www.nameitunique.tk
Happy Saving :-)